Thursday, May 28, 2009

Saturday and then some / El Sábado y más...

From here on out, I am going to be writing in both Spanish and English. Don't worry, they both say the same thing, this is just a great way for me to expand on my Spanish and try to use it a little more. For this reason, I will probably be behind on blogging until this weekend or later.

English
The taxi ride to Vilma´s house, mi new Cusqueñan mother, was the craziest thing that I have ever done in my life. I don´t think that neither speed limits nor laws exist to protect people who ride in taxis. The roads have no lines to mark qhere you are supposed to drive, and even if there where lines, the taxi drivers don´t pay attention to them. I have to say that I was a little frightened and by the taxi ride. They use their horns to signal to other drivers that they are about to cut them off. Consequently, I was always thinking we were on the brink of crashing with another car. Finally, though, we arrived at Vilma´s house, or rather, at her apartment.

The apartment seemed much better than the others I had seen. Vilma explained to me that this apartment belongs to her daughter. She lives on the sixth floor. Upon entering the elevator, Vilma told me that you have to press the buttons in a special order in order to get to the sixth floor. It was much like a James Bond movie. The correct code consists in pressing the sixth floor, followed by two, three, and finally six again. How strange!

I met some other students who were living with Vilma, one of which, Sylvia—a Brazillian girl—left this past Tuesday. The other two people were a couple from Denmark, named Claus (pronounced like “k-laos”) who had already been there for five weeks. After eating lunch, I slept after hearing the advice of Claus, Charlotte, Syliva, and the rest of my new family.
The family, with which I now lived, consists of three people: Vilma, Liliana (a 19-year old girl who is studying business administration) and a lady whose name I can´t remember. They are incredibly nice and will not let me help with any of the chores.

Saturday was very hard for me, especially after such a long plane ride. I missed all of my family and mi quierida. When you find yourself in a new situation, where all of the comforts that you are used to are removed from your possession, you can only feel incredibly alone. I was neither able to call my parents nor send texts to my favorite person. I kept thinking I would receive one of those special text messages that I always waited for back home… At this point, I had lost all hope of enjoying this trip, but everything changed when Sunday arrived thanks to the friendship of Claus and Charlotte.


En Español
Por adelante, voy a redactar este blog en Español y en Íngles. No se preocupen, los dos hablan de los mismos temas. Sólo quiero usar más mi español para que yo pueda mejorar mi español. Por resultado de escribir en dos lenguas, voy a quedarme un poco restrasado en mis blogs, pero espero alcanzar todo lo que he experimentado al llegar este fin de semana...

El viaje por taxi a la casa de Vilma, mi mamá cusqueña mientras estoy en Perú, era lo más loco de todas las cosas que he hecho en mi vida. Creo que no existen limitos y leyes para proteger a la gente que está en un taxi. No hay líneas para distinguir los lados diferentes de las calles, y si existen las líneas, el conductor no pudo verlas. Tengo que decir que el viaje por taxi me asustó un poco. Se usa la bocina del carro para señalar a los otros conductores que vamos a pasar en frente de los otros carros. Por eso, siempre yo pensaba que estábamos a punto de chocar con otro coche. Por fin, llegamos a la casa, o sea, el departamento de la casa de Vilma. El departamento me parecía más bueno que los otros que yo había visto. Vilma me explicó que todo el departamento pertenece a su hija. Vilma vive en el sexto piso del edificio peruano. Al entrar en el ascensor, Vilma me dijo que hay que pulsar los botones correctos para llegar al sexto piso; era como un código especial en una película de James Bond. El código correcto consiste en pulsar los números de los pisos seis, dos, tres y por fin el número seis otra vez más. Si no se hace el código, no se va a llegar al sexto piso por ascensor. ¡Qué raro!

Conocí a otras estudiantes que ya se quedaban en la habitación de Vilma. Sylvia, una brasileña, acaba de salir para Brasil el martes después de que había llegado. Las otras dos personas son una pareja de Dinamarca, y se llaman Charlotte y Claus. Ya estuvieron en Perú por cinco semanas cuando llegué. Después de almorzar, me dormí según los consejos de Claus, Charlotte, Sylvia y toda my familia nueva.

La familia con que convivo, son tres: Vilma, Liliana (una chica de 19 años que estudia la administración de las empresas) y una mujer cuyo nombre todavía no sé. Ellos son amables y siempre no me permiten que yo ayude con los quehaceres.

El sábado era muy difícil, especialmente después de un viaje largo por avión. Todo el día les extraño a mi familia y mi querida. Cuando estás en una situación nueva, donde todas los lujos de su vida anterior se han sido quitados, sólo puedes sentir sólo y tener un poco miedo de lo que vaya a pasar. No pude llamar a mis padres y no pude enviar mensajes de texto a mi persona favorita. Seguía pensando que iba a recibir el mensaje que siempre yo estaba esperando. Sin embargo, nunca llegaron los mensajes... He pérdida todas las esperanzas de gozar ese viaje, pero al llegar el domingo, todo cambió gracias a la amistad de Claus y Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment